GNP received notification (23 Jun 2016) of the approval of a provincial grant to address ELDER ABUSE and will work with our community partners on a strategy over the next two years. Sundre is one of twenty five groups, community organizations and municipalities across the province which will receive a total of $1.2 million to help address and prevent elder abuse.
RESOURCES & CONTACTS
- IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, please call 9-1-1 (Fire/Police/Ambulance)
- FAMILY VIOLENCE INFO LINE (24 hour) 310 1818 (Toll Free, No need to dial area code) - Helps Albertans reach out to individuals and families affected by family violence.
- OLDER ADULT CRISIS & RESOURCE LINE (24 hour) 403 705 3250 - For older adults experiencing crisis or abuse, or for anyone witnessing abuse or crisis of an older adult.
- For INFORMATION & REFERRAL - please contact the Greenwood Neighbourhood Place (GNP) Office 403 638 1011
- Elder Abuse Resources: http://www.albertaelderabuse.ca/
- Alberta Government's Elder Abuse Awareness - http://www.seniors-housing.alberta.ca/seniors/elder-abuse.html
FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS & PROGRAM DETAILS WILL BE RELEASED SOON
FOR SUNDRE'S COORDINATED COMMUNITY RESPONSE AGAINST ELDER ABUSE
Please contact Shoshannah (GNP Elder Abuse Coordinator) if you are a service provider to seniors and would like more information.
Tel. 403 638 1011 | E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org