The Sundre Santas program is up and running for the 2016 season! This program is assisting local families and individuals to make their holiday season brighter. The program is driven primarily by volunteers who assist the staff at Greenwood Neighbourhood Place with the Sundre Santas Program. Your support is greatly needed and appreciated!
|PROGRAM COORDINATOR||Cherie Johnson|
|TELEPHONE||403 638 1011|
|APPLICATION TIMELINE||12 November - 12 December, 2016|
|HAMPER DELIVERY||16 December - 21 December, 2016|
|WORKSHOP LOCATION||112 1st Street NW (Next to the Sundre Fire Hall)|
*Please contact the GNP Office to arrange drop off of items for Sundre Santas Hampers or Magic of Christmas Sale
|COMMITTEE||A group of community core volunteers provides valuable input with respect to program delivery; taking on crucial volunteer roles throughout the holiday season.|
- Donations of food items, gifts, and financial donations are collected in the Sundre community to
deliver annual Christmas hampers to those who need a little extra help
throughout the holidays.
- All program decisions are made by the Greenwood Neighbourhood Place Board of Directors.
- The program is active between October 1 and January 15 of each Christmas season.
- All financial or gift-in-kind donations will be issued a charitable receipt ($10 or more).
- The program commits to purchasing 90% of all items locally.
- Individuals and/or families of
all ages, not excluding minors, can apply.
- Individuals or businesses and organizations are encouraged to deliver application forms to those they know who may be in need. Please ensure arrangements are made to return the completed forms back to the GNP Office.
- The Sundre Santas program only accepts applications within the Sundre School district.
- Application lists are not carried forward between Christmas seasons, as circumstances frequently change from year to year.
- To make an application, you may:
- Pick up a paper copy at the GNP Office, local drug stores (Pharmasave, Sundre Community Drug Mart, Sundre RemedyRX's Family Pharmacy), local medical clinics (Greenwood Family Physicians, Moose & Squirrel Medical Clinic), and the Town of Sundre office. Please send/drop off the completed application to the GNP Office.
- Download a copy (PDF 2016 Sundre Santas Hamper Application_online version.pdf)
- Print & complete and send to the GNP Office
- Complete electronically and e-mail to the GNP Office (email@example.com)
- Deadline -- 12 December 2016
HAMPER PROCESSING & DETAILS
- After the application is completed, Sundre Santas Workshop volunteers will contact the individual/family to confirm a delivery or pick-up date.
- All application information remains anonymous when hampers are prepared for the individual/family.
- Hampers consist
of basic food items that are purchased at local businesses. It will have a variety of non-perishable food items that have
been collected by the community. There will be a gift card for the
local grocery store intended to buy fresh produce, turkey or ham. The
program will also strive to include at least one of the three items
listed by the family/individual that would make their Christmas season
- 2016 Hamper List - Click Here
- ONE hamper per household will be prepared and delivered to the address provided on the intake form.
- Hampers will be delivered (or picked up) the last week before Christmas.
- Senior Households -- December 16 & 17
- Adult Households -- December 18 & 19
- Family Households -- December 20 & 21
- Please call the GNP Office if you have not received a phone call from Santa's volunteers confirming your application before the last two weeks of Christmas (Dec 12).
- The goal of Secret Santa is to add a personalized
gift to everyone who applys to the program.
- Please contact the GNP Office if you are interested in supporting a family or individual receiving a hamper this year.
- Volunteer jobs are always available! Please contact GNP to discuss some of the tasks - or simply drop by Santa's Workshop!